Thursday 30 April 2015

Connecting essay - 4

This first photo is one that I found on the internet it is a light drawing of a collection of small lights, to me it looks more like the lights were static and that the camera was moving as the light trails don't seem to have any kind of pattern to them and are very random, but at the same time looks like it was well planned and thought through.  It shows colour and line really well with the bright orange/yellow light which also creates strong contrast with the dark background and foreground.

This second photo is one that I myself have taken, I was essentially just taking photos of some distant lights while playing with my camera settings on my way home from my 10th shoot.  I think some of these are really cool and a little trippy, the one below is one of my favourite from the set with the mass of messy light trails everywhere in the frame.  My photo clearly shows colour, line and contrast through the mass of orange, yellow and white light trails against the dark black background.

These two photos relate in the fact that they show pretty much the same thing, a mass of lines made by using a long shutter speed and some bright lights and in my case at least doing so while walking(a.k.a not keeping the camera steady).  They are also related through the formal elements that are portrayed/presented within each image; colour, line and contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment