Monday 4 May 2015

Connecting essay - 5

This photo is one that I have found on the internet, it features a disembodied shadow of a women coming from behind the camera of to one side.  The shadow is disembodied, as the women herself is not visible, and could be from the person who took the photo, it kind of serves as a marker that it is just 'a photo' one persons view/interpretation of the world that we live in.

This second photo is one that I have taken and edited myself, it features the shadows of myself and a friend, both disembodied, as well as the shadow of the visible sign.  I originally took this in colour but after some experimenting in photoshop I decided that it looked better in black and white.  I feel that my shadow in the centre of the photo shows it to be my view/perspective as although the camera is not visible it is clear that I am taking the photo from the way that I am standing.

This two photos are related most obviously their lack of colour but also due to the fact that they both include disembodied shadows coming from the direction of the camera. I feel that both of these carry a similar feel to them about the photographer view point demonstrated through the use of disembodied shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment