Thursday 7 May 2015

Project Evaluation

Overall I have enjoyed unit 2 more than unit 1 mainly due to the fact that we had more freedom when choosing what, when and where to shoot, and despite having limited options to start at I think that getting to choose my own starting point or theme 'creative use of light' made it more interesting to work with as it was not just a predetermined list of stuff to be completed.

Early on in the unit, I was struggling to decide on a particular thing to focus on that came under the 'creative use of light' starting point and was essentially just playing around with a few random ideas. This was until I had done some more research into photographers and got more inspiration and influences from the various light drawing photographers that I looked at, which decided what I wanted to do for the exam and majority of the unit.

My main focus through this unit was light drawing and when doing shoots for this I found it difficult to accurately judge where the edges of the frame would be and how fast to move the light source I was using as the different items behaved differently when using then to light draw, although I did adjust quite quickly to the unusual settings needed to properly achieve good light drawing photos.

Overall I think that my 10th shoot and my studio exam shoot are the two best and they ended up with quite a few really cool and interesting photos that I am really happy with and reasonably proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment